One of my son's soccer friends (Austin) had emergency surgery on the weekend. They thought he had the flu, but ended up with a bowel blockage due to scar tissue from a previous surgery when he was little. Thank the good Lord that he is doing well and they caught it before things got worse.
This is the card I made for Austin:
- The AUSTIN font is from Cricut Old West cart (shadow feature) and was welded to a 4"x6" box using my Gypsy. The card stock is PTI Dark Chocolate.
- I layered the name again (regular font from Old West) in the stars patterned paper and welded "get" "well" "soon" (Cricut Calligraphy Collection shadow feature used) to the name. I used foam tape to adhere this layer to the brown layer. The stars paper is from DCWV The Guy Stack.
- Then I created a separate layer in blue, for the "get" "well" "soon" again. This paper was scraps from my stash
- I added a piece of dark red patterned paper (DCWV The Guy Stack) behind the brown name and taped it to the inside of the card.
- The inside is coordinated with the stars patterned paper and PTI kraft card stock.
- I inked the edges with Distressed Ink Tea dye, added metal stars and some cool gold circle clip (not sure the proper name of this embellishment, but I think it's cool!). Oh, I added faux stitching along the edge of the card too.
I'm happy with the results and hope Austin likes his card. We're going to visit him tonight in the hospital. Apparently he will be in the hospital for the entire week and then no school the following week. Poor boy. He's a great kid and we're looking forward to seeing him.
If you haven't already left a comment, please feel free to leave me some love and then leave your blog address so I can stop by and give you some love too!