CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 14, 2011

Butterfly card, non-Cricut {OH MY !}

Hey there!  Hope all is well and that you had a glorious weekend.  Not much happening on my end.  My son (and hubby) are finally feeling well after getting over the flu.  It wasn't too nasty, but enough to drag on for almost a week for my poor soon.  ... and then he gets hit with a cold!  It's a good thing kids are resilient and bounce back.  I DO NOT like Flu Season though! I had cabin-fever! :)

Anyhoo, on to my project to share with you today.  I didn't use my Cricut, which always surprises me because when making cards or any other project, I almost always use my trusty Cricut and/or Gypsy.  A piece of useless information - I actually started out card making with using the Cricut - not stamping! :)


Goodies I used were:
  • Card base ~ PTI cardstock Enchanted Evening
  • Outer layer ~ PTI cardstock Rustic White
  • Hero Arts stamp Old Letter Writing with Distressed Ink Broken China
  • Inked edges with Distressed Inks, Antique Linen and Tea Dye and then stitched around edges
  • Hero Arts stamp Traditional Butterfly with ColorBox Black ink on PTI Rustic White and then embossed using clear powder (a la mode, I think), then colored butterfly with Copics and then added Distressed stickles (once ink was dry), Broken China. (butterfly was cut out and then glued in center and then its wings bent up to give it dimension) 
  • Misc stamp "my sympathy" from stash that was stamped on scrap piece cut of Rustic White (inked and clear embossed) and then added pearls to butterfly and sentiment piece.
  • Foam tape was used to pop-up the Outer layer cardstock and also for the sentiment piece.
Thanks for stopping by to visit.  Hope you have an awesome day and week!

Toodles,
Jude

0 comments:

Post a Comment