CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Three Birthday Cards

Hey! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.  It snowed in the Milwaukee area of Wisconsin yesterday and we got about 4" of snow.  It's SO pretty with all the trees covered in snow.  The only part that isn't fun is driving in it, but the roads were cleared pretty quickly.

My son had a friend over yesterday and they played in the snow all afternoon.  I loved seeing them come in with their rosy cheeks.  I made hot chocolate for them.  :)  One of the many things I love about winter.

Yesterday we walked through our back property and cut down our own Christmas tree.  We live on 8.5 acres and it's mostly wooded.  The trees in the back are a little scrawny, kinda like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, ha ha!  My husband insists our tree has character :) 

Now, on to crafting - I made a few cards in the last couple weeks so thought I would post for you to share in the fun I've been having.

The first card, the race car driver, was lifted from Mary at Cardz TV http://www.cardztv.blogspot.com/.  She did this card a long time ago and I thought it was perfect for my nephew who turned 8 and loves NASCAR.  The die cuts are from Everyday Paper Dolls and the sentiment was printed on white cardstock and then matted.


The second card below I did was also scrap-lifted from Jennifer McGuire. She is VERY talented and I'm a huge fan of hers. Here is her website ~ http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/  My version of the card was slightly tweaked with different colors etc. I LOVE how it turned out. My sister's birthday is next week so I'm mailing the card to her.  Hopefully she'll like it!

The card is all stamping and then I cut out the butterfly (which I used my Copics to color) to give it dimension and also sprayed it with "pearl" Glimmer Mist, then also added pearls.



Finally, the last card I did was for a birthday party my son was going to today (he's actually there now as I am typing!).  It's a very simple layout. The die cuts are from Stretch your Imagination (present), sentiment (Beyond Birthdays) and then I used Plantin SchoolBook for Will's name.


Sorry this is such a long post, but I wanted to share these pics before they got lost in cyberspace!  Thanks for stopping by to visit.

Toodles,  Jude

PS  Don't forget to leave a comment and leave your blog address if you have one so I can come visit you too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment