CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hawaii Word Book {work in progress}

Hey folks!  I hope your New Year is going great and that if you've made any resolutions that you're able to stick to them!  If not ... don't give up!  Just try to get back on track.  :)

Just so you know, I haven't gone AWOL with crafting any projects/cards etc. lol  I've been busy working on a word book/album that I created for our Hawaii trip last fall.  This is my very first word book and I would be lying to you if I didn't say that it's a lot of work!  I'm really enjoying creating and putting it together though. 

I haven't scrapped that long and I think I must be the slowest person putting it all together.  I struggle with putting everything together, including coordinating papers, embellishing etc.  But when it does come together, I get this tingling feeling inside and am SO happy with what I have accomplished.  Does that ever happen to you?  Maybe it's just me.  :)

There are so many people out there that have created word books and that have inspired me to give this a try.  Awhile back, I'm talk a lonnnnggg while back {last summer} I bought the Bind-it All at Hobby Lobby for half price and then picked up some chipboard along the way as I knew some day I wanted to do a word book. 

And, very characteristic of me, I big off more than I chew!  I never start any small project, I just dive in with both feet and take on the "beast" of all projects! lol

Let me tell, what a nightmare I had with using the chipboard that I bought.  It was too thick!  I didn't help that my cutting mats weren't very sticky.  Note to self:  Only cut chipboard on brand new mat or barely used mat!  Thankfully the aid of painter's tape helped keep things in place.  Although my chipboard was too thick, I decided to use cardboard from several cereal boxes that I've been hoarding over the past few months.   I knew they'd come in handy eventually!  lol

With my Gypsy, I created the words "ALOHA as my word book {you'll see sample pages of the letters A L O H A as I complete more pages}.  I also did a cover page, which is shown below.  At the moment, I only have 4 pages completed, including the cover page so below are pics of what I've completed so far.  {Keep in mind, I'm a total amateur and this is my first chipboard project!}



Above is the cover page.
FYI, we went to Hawaii to celebrate my big birthday, hence the title "Hawaii 5 0".

Above is inside cover page.
Above is first page.


Above double layout showing both pages.

Above is the second page and below a close up of my cute frog!


Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions please leave me a comment. Also, if you want to leave me your blog address, I'll be happy to visit you too!

Toodles!
Jude

0 comments:

Post a Comment